The crucial, profound nature of ongoing, regular individual sessions is weekly consistency that
- allows a therapeutic bond to develop between us over time
- makes sure you and your healing journey will be known on deeper and deeper levels over time
- feeds the building and deepening of trust in the process and between us
- helps your unconscious self to know it’s safe to allow whatever needs to unfold – because there will be someone safe to process with and work with only a week away
- makes it palpable there is a safe, strong healing container for you on all levels of your being
In-depth sessions usually take place in person. When truly right for the individual who lives too far away in Connecticut, New York, or Florida, sessions may be by a combination of telephone and in person. Individual sessions are weekly and are up to 3 hours in length. Sometimes people do two sessions a week to add to that sense of consistency. The work can be deep therapeutic work or, if you’d like, can be an interweaving of the deep therapeutic and the grounded spiritual.
Please contact me if you would like more information or to make an appointment.
IT Project Manager
DIANNE H. DISSTON, LP, NCPsyA
Interfaith Minister & Licensed Psychoanalyst
Judith is a gifted and conscious healer who brings to her work a big heart, a clear and focused mind, and great awareness & care to the therapeutic relationship. An engaging and thought provoking speaker, Judith offers profound wisdom and deep insight into how our past experiences and early decisions can shape lives, for better and for worse, and without grandiosity, how therapy can change the world. As an advocate for therapists becoming conscious of their use of power, Judith "walks the talk" - her therapy work demonstrates her clear sense of ethics, selflessness, and sensitivity to the power differential. Judith is one of those rare therapists with the experience and skill to safely guide a person into the abyss and back again, achieving great healing and change.