- Unlike Judith’s other courses, this 3 part series does not have a “credit option”
- This course is available to both professionals and lay people with only a “no credit audit” option
Participants will read and answer questions about a series of twelve articles to help explore more deeply their own relationship with power – on a personal and professional level – and that of clients. Topics covered in this course include the roots of feelings of powerlessness; how childhood wounds affect our parenting; the roots of corporate power abuse, both from the perspective of the abused and the perspective of the abuser; the roots of our relationships with sexuality, and more. Through examples from current life events explored in the articles, participants will come to recognize how their childhood experience affects their emotions and behaviors and those of their clients. They will also begin to comprehend the impact that the individual’s relationship with power has on our world, and how healing one’s own individual relationship with power can help to heal the abuse and misuse of power globally.
- Identify how childhood experiences impact a person’s relationship with power.
- Define the role of feelings in our lives.
- Identify ways in which fear and repression of those feelings affect people’s lives.
- Differentiate between “here-and-now” feelings and reactions to current events, and feelings and reactions from childhood.
- Identify ways to use current life examples to more deeply explore one’s own relationships with power in a variety of life arenas.
- Identify ways in which personal wounding and healing impacts our country and our world.